Please call 216-921-5425 if you are interested in scheduling a free introductory lesson, or click HERE and we will call you.
Classes are run by Grandmaster James Marr, 8th degree Black Belt, and Master Elaine Bayless, 5th Degree Black Belt. They teach original traditional Taekwon-do, as envisioned by its founder, General Choi Hong Hi of Korea. All Assistant Instructors are trained and supervised by Masters Marr and Bayless.
Children must be at least 4 years old to start in our regular program. Please note age limits on each class. Beginners and experienced martial artists are welcome. All that is required is a desire to learn.
Taekwon-do is an unarmed method of self-defense developed in Korea (see History of Taekwon-do to learn more). Taekwon-do is not only a way of kicking and punching, but a way of thinking and living. The goal of Taekwon-do is complete control of one's mind and body through continuous training. Master Marr's Taekwon-do offers students the chance to challenge themselves and push their own limits, while enjoying the support and camaraderie of training with others.
Everyone has their own reasons for joining. For some, it is a fun way to get in shape; for others, it's a chance to learn a new skill. Adults discover power they never knew they had. Kids develop gross motor skills and strengthen their focus. Parents and children can train together. Many people join with a friend and everyone makes new acquaintances.
Here are ten more great reasons to join us:
1) EXPERTISE. Master Marr and Master Bayless are students of a direct disciple of Taekwon-do’s founder, and they strive to continue the original art form.
2) EXPERIENCE. Together, Masters Marr and Bayless have been teaching Taekwon-do to adults and children for over 40 years.
3) CONSISTENCY. Consistency in teaching is maintained through consistency of teachers. All classes are taught by Master Marr, Master Bayless, and their senior students.
4) INDIVIDUAL ATTENTION. Master Marr's Taekwon-do is not a chain or a franchise. Because of our small size, no one gets lost in the crowd. Masters Marr and Bayless know each and every student, how they learn, and where they need improvement.
5) FLEXIBILITY. Attend the classes that best fit your schedule. Enrollment entitles you to take any class which fits your age and rank. Families can choose to train together or separately, or a combination of both.
6) SAFETY FIRST. Contact sparring is not allowed for beginners. Intermediate and advanced students spar only in a closely monitored situation.
7) MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT. Emphasis is placed on more than just physical training. Students are taught the importance of respect for others, self-control, and fostering a sense of community within the school.
8) OPEN COMMUNICATION. Masters Marr and Bayless are always available to answer questions. Students and parents stay informed of special events and other dojang news through our website, Facebook page, bulletin board, and emails.
9) LOCATION. Our convenient location means you can drop the kids and run errands, or pick up dinner on your way home from your own class.
10) ENJOYMENT. Try a class for free and see how much fun it is! Better yet, try it with a friend or family member!